Tender calculation is a genuine viewpoint in electrical contracting
Since late 2020, Suvi Arkko has been working as a planning engineer in the electrical department of Mikenti Talotekniikka. The department used to be Web Sähkö, which merged with Mikenti Talotekniikka in 2020 to become part of QMG.
– It feels like I’ve been in the house longer – I’ve had such a good time. In a small team, everyone appreciates each other as professionals. We have QMG’s group support behind us, and within each local company within our own teams, says Suvi Arkko.
Suvi graduated as an electrical engineer shortly before starting her current job. Her CV also shows versatile experience in the electrical industry – from ABB’s frequency converter manufacturing, quality teams and manager positions, as well as from the installation and electrical accessories industry.
What do you so as a planning engineer?
– Calculation of tenders is a versatile and demanding job, because every project is different. We usually start quickly, so that we can make the necessary purchases, such as power stations and lighting, in good time. In addition to the calculation, I am involved in the running matters of the projects, in the preparation of tenant relocation offers, and I monitor the progress of the projects, says Suvi.
In this industry, you need a forward-looking and curious attitude in order to continuously develop your skills.
– When you are interested in technology and innovation, this job gives you a lot. The industry is developing fast and a lot is happening. Among other things, new technologies save energy and improve safety, she says.
What is the best thing about your job?
– Our work is significant for the society. In addition, I have always liked when at work you are in the middle of development. At Mikenti Talotekniikka, this comes true. In a professional team, we are committed to our work and we help each other to succeed.
– Implementing new solutions is also interesting. When we bring, for example, solar electricity to apartment buildings, we are doing important renovation work, Suvi states.
Are you interested in a job at Mikenti Talotekniikka? Send a message to Mikko Virtanen, email@example.com or +358 40 576 3323. Read more about Mikenti Talotekniikka.